Dale Earnhardt Jr. Hosts History's 3-Night Event Series THE CARS THAT MADE AMERICA
HISTORY® launches its first annual "Car Week" beginning with the premiere of the three-night, six-hour event series, THE CARS THAT MADE AMERICA, hosted and executive produced by Dale Earnhardt Jr. on Sunday, August 13 at 8 PM ET/PT. The series uncovers the stories of the visionaries who built America's car landscape, changing our culture and shaping our country forever.
"Cars are a huge part of what America was built on - industry, innovation and inspiration," said Earnhardt Jr. "I am honored to be partnering with HISTORY as part of their event series 'The Cars That Made America' to educate viewers and car enthusiasts about one of my passions."
The week will also premiere an all-new, two-hour special "Car Country" on Wednesday, August 16 at 8 PM ET/PT, which explores when America's love of cars began. The week is hosted by NASCAR driver Brian Vickers. Airing across HISTORY's digital platforms is the premiere of the new original short form series, "Best Car Ever," celebrating America's passion for cars and the nostalgia they evoke with interviews from celebrity car enthusiasts. Additionally, the line-up will include enhanced automotive themed episodes of hit series "Pawn Stars," "American Pickers," and "Counting Cars."
"Through epic storytelling and a broad look into the history of cars, viewers will gain an unparalleled understanding of automobiles from their inception to a peek into the future," said Paul Buccieri, President, A+E Studios and A+E Networks Portfolio Group. "From the names that we know to the iconic brands that we love, 'Car Week' is certain to take viewers on THE RIDE of their lives."
A sampling of the "Car Week" programming slate includes:
- "The Cars That Made America" - a three consecutive night, six-hour special event presented and executive produced by Dale Earnhardt Jr. premieres Sunday, August 13 at 8PM ET/PT and concludes on Tuesday, August 15 at 8PM ET/PT. The special uncovers the stories of the visionaries who built America's vehicle landscape and chronicles the epic journey of how the biggest names of the automobile industry became the legendary household brands that car enthusiasts have grown to love. Through gritty, character-driven reenactments and never-before-seen archival footage, the special showcases the career trajectories of seven iconic and revolutionary figures: Henry Ford, Walter Chrysler, the Dodge Brothers, William Durant, Lee Iacocca and John Delorean. "The Cars That Made America" is produced for HISTORY by Magilla Entertainment.
- "Car Country," a two-hour special airing on Wednesday, August 16 at 8PM ET/PT highlighting America's passionate relationship with the automobile. Beginning with the 1970s, the show takes viewers on a ride through the last 50 years of U.S. car culture, exploring how everything from politics to pop culture has affected the way Americans consume and love the automobile. Culminating with the cars of the future and what's expected in 2020 and beyond, this special immerses car fanatics and novices alike in the lifestyle, technology, design, safety, luxury, trends and failures that defined each decade and paved the way for cars to come. "Car Country" is produced for HISTORY by Pilgrim Media Group.
- "Best Car Ever," is a six-part original short form series airing across all of HISTORY's digital platforms and celebrates America's passion for cars and the nostalgia they evoke. Each episode features a different theme with interviews from celebrity car enthusiasts and auto experts including: Tim Allen, Rob Corddry, Spike Feresten, Ricky Stenhouse, Jr., Fred Willard, Austin Dillon, Danny Koker and Wyclef Jean. Themes range from best TV car and best getaway car to best James Bond car and best family vacation car.
- "Pawn Stars -'If The Pawn Don't Fit'" airing on Monday, August 14 at 10PM ET/PT. Take a ride with Rick Harrison as he test-drives the infamous O.J. Simpson Bronco. Will Rick pony up the big bucks for this million-dollar item, or will the verdict read no sale? "Pawn Stars" is produced for HISTORY by Leftfield Pictures.
- "Counting Cars - 'Mustang Madness'" airing on Sunday, August 13 at 10PM ET/PT. When movie star Michael Madsen decides to restore a 1964 Ford Mustang, he knows exactly where to go, Count's Kustoms. Danny and the crew dive into the project determined to breathe new life into this American Icon. When the restoration is complete Danny heads to LA to deliver the restored icon to Michael Madsen himself. From there Danny decides to take a side trip to follow one of his old passions, stunt driving and reminisces about his days as a professional stunt driver as he tears up the track like the pro he is. "Counting Cars" is produced for HISTORY by Leftfield Pictures.
- 'Best Of' "American Pickers - 'Caravan of Cars'" airing on Wednesday, August 16 at 10PM ET/PT. Mike and Frank head across America looking for a treasure trove of automobiles. Along the way they come across all kinds of icons of the American road from unique concept cars to a tricked out hot rod in North Carolina made entirely of wood. It's all about the Cars in this special episode of American Pickers. "American Pickers" is produced for HISTORY by Cineflix's subsidiary AMERICAN PICKERS 6 Productions Inc.
"Car Country" is produced for HISTORY by Pilgrim Media Group, with Craig Piligian and Sam Korkis serving as executive producers. Sean Boyle and Zach Behr are executive producers for HISTORY.
This article first appeared on broadwayworld.com