Keep Your Balance
Hofmann has introduced the geodyna 8250p wheel balancer. It has unique features like an integrated wheel life and touchless parameter entry.
The Hofmann geodyna 8250p can be used on all types of cars and light trucks. Special features that make the new Hofmann geodyna 8250p wheel balancer unique for shops include:
· Integrated Wheel Lift — automatically raises the wheel to the last centering height with the platform retu
rning to rest position for reduced floor-to-cycle time. A sensor in the handle automatically detects hand force to move the lift accordingly.
· Radial and Lateral Run-Out — high-accuracy laser technology measures degree of deviation from a perfect circle, enabling match-mounting to improve roundness and reduce geometric vibrations.
· Touchless Parameter Entry — no need for manual entry or using a measuring caliper, as all of the wheel parameters are measured by lasers, and the camera is built into the wheel balancer.
· User Interface — highly intuitive touchscreen user interface allows for rapid, time-saving selection of cycle modes.
For more information, call 800.251.4500 or visit: www.hofmann-usa.com
Get a Clean Start
Permatex, a chemical technology developer for automotive maintenance and repair and the maker of Fast Orange, has expanded its Fast Orange hand cleaner line with the addition of Permatex Fast Orange Xtreme Hand Cleaner. This new, professional-grade formulation is designed specifically for automotive technicians and delivers more cleaning power than the original Fast Orange Hand Cleaner.
Permatex Fast Orange delivers cleaning power, leaves little residue and removes petroleum odors. It features
Permatex’s proprietary MicroGel technology for better cleaning efficiency and new odor-eliminating technology that neutralizes the smell of gasoline, oil and other common odors. It also incorporates an advanced skin protection formula that contains premium skin conditioners like aloe vera, glycerin, lanolin, vitamin E and jojoba oil.
Permatex Fast Orange Xtreme is available in a 15-ounce rocker cap bottle and a one-gallon pump. The rocker cap design, which was recently introduced by Permatex as an automotive first, allows for easy, one-hand use and helps keep the bottle clean and free of grease.
For more information, visit: www.permatex.com
Spark Your Interest
Robert Bosch LLC, a worldwide supplier of automotive parts and systems to original equipment manufacturers (OEs) and the independent aftermarket, recently introduced the addition of Bosch Double Iridium to its OE Fine Wire Spark Plug series.
Its ultra-fine wire design and laser-welded tapered ground electrode help deliver increased performance, while the iridium firing pin and ground electrode inlay provide four times longer service life compared to standard copper core plugs.
Features of the Bosch Double Iridium Spark Plug include:
• Unique design employing an iridium center electrode tip and iridium-platinum alloy ground electrode inlay to create a precise spark
• Double iridium firing pin and ground electrode pin (replacement for OE applications using plugs with pin-to-pin design)
• Exclusive 360-degree continuous laser weld fuses corrosion-resistant precious metal firing pin to base
• Fine wire firing pin for better ignitability and maximized durability
• OE-matched spark position for compatibility with new GDI technology
Double Iridium benefits include:
• OE form, fit and function: meet or exceed manufacturer design requirements for modern gasoline engines
• Four times longer service life versus standard copper core plugs
• No gapping needed: factory pre-gapped to OE specification for faster installation
• No anti-seize required: nickel-plated housing eliminates the need to use anti-seize to prevent corrosion
• Coverage for domestic, Asian and European vehicles with advanced engines
Bosch OE Fine Wire Double Iridium Spark Plugs come with purchase protection including a seven-year consumer performance satisfaction guarantee and a 12-month professional technician warranty.
For more information, visit: www.boschautoparts.com/en/auto/spark-plugs/double-iridium-spark-plugs
Forward Lift’s new heavy-duty F12 two-post lift is a competitively priced 12,000-lb. capacity two-post lift shops can rely on to service a wide range of vehicles. The Forward Lift F12 has been third-party tested and certified by the Automotive Lift Institute (ALI) to meet industry safety and performance standards. It is available from more than 100 Forward Lift authorized distributors in North America as well as through most national auto parts retailers.
The Forward Lift F12 two-post lift has two-stage front and rear arms equipped with low-profile 4.75-inch oversized rubber-pad swivel adapters. Combined with the standard extra height extensions (3.5 and 5 inches), the arms can reach the recommended pickup points of most cars, light trucks and vans on the road today. The lift can be configured for multiple drive-through clearances, including two widths and four heights, to meet any shop’s needs.
The F12 is powered by two heavy-duty hydraulic cylinders that increase its lifting performance and service life. The cylinder pistons are protected by the lift columns, which are powder-coated for long life.
For more information, visit: www.forwardlift.com/car-lifts/2-post-lifts/f12-two-post-lift/ or call 800.423.1722.
Charge It Up
The HCS-40, ClipperCreek’s best-selling 32-amp level two electric vehicle charging station, is now available with a ruggedized option. The HCS-40R and HCS-40PR (with NEMA 6-50 or 14-50 plugs) feature a rubber over molded SAE-J1772 connector, a field-replaceable connector latch and a five-year warranty. The HCS-40R and HCS-40PR are affordable solutions designed for fleet, parking lot and extreme weather conditions.
Features of the HCS-40R and HCS-40PR include:
• 7.7kW of power to charge vehicles quickly
• Impact and crush resistant SAE-J1772 connector
• 25 feet of charging cable for installation flexibility and superior vehicle reach
• Five-year warranty
• Field-replaceable latch
• Wall mount SAE-J1772 connector holster included
• Integrated cable wrap, making storing the cable simple and convenient
• Rugged, fully sealed NEMA 4 station enclosure for installation anywhere
• No assembly required
• Made in America
For customers desiring access control, ClipperCreek offers ChargeGuard, compatible with the HCS-40R and HCS-40PR. ChargeGuard is a reliable key-based access control solution designed for fleet, workplace, multi-tenant, hospitality and residential charging applications.
For more information, call 877.694.4194 or visit: www.clippercreek.com
Emissions Be Gone
AP Exhaust Technologies, a manufacturer and supplier of automotive, light truck and heavy-duty exhaust and emissions products, recently introduced a new line of diesel particulate filters (DPF) for replacement on class two and three vehicles. Key applications include late-model GM/Duramax, Dodge/Cummins and Ford Powerstroke equipped Diesel trucks.
AP Exhaust’s new DPFs are built to deliver performance that is equivalent to the OEM unit. They filter out 99 percent of engine-out soot/ particulate matter and feature the best backpressure levels available in the aftermarket today. Because the overall design features an optimized platinum group metals (PGM) loading, the new AP Exhaust units provide cleaner exhaust and increased durability.
The new DPF line offers excellent coverage for the following vehicle applications:
• GM/Duramax, part no. 649004, fits 2007-2009 Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra C/K 2500HD 6
.6L diesel crew cab short bed; includes front and rear gaskets and mounting hardware.
• Dodge/Cummins, part no. 649002, fits 2007-2010 Dodge Ram 2500 6.7L diesel, 2011-2012 Ram 2500 6.7L diesel, 2007-2008 Dodge Ram 3500 6.7L diesel, excluding cab and chassis.
• Dodge/Cummins, part no. 649003, fits 2009-2010 Dodge Ram 3500 6.7L diesel, excluding cab and chassis, 2011-2012 Ram 3500 6.7L diesel, excluding cab and chassis; includes front gasket and mounting nuts.
• Ford Powerstroke, part no. 649001, fits 2008-2010 Ford F250/F350/F450 Super Duty 6.4L diesel, excluding cab and chassis; includes front gasket and mounting nuts.
All DPFs are offered with a two-year/36,000-mile warranty. AP Exhaust DPFs are not for sale or use in California.
For more information, visit: www.apexhaust.com
Get Ahold with Memory
OTC introduced its new 4597 flexible hose clamp pliers with memory for North America. The tool allows technicians to access hard-to-reach areas, including the often-tedious flat type hose clamps, with less frustration. The memory cable can be bent and positioned, retaining its shape, to reach around and underneath hoses to remove clamps.
The flexible cable assists with the challenge of working in tightly packed engine bays, featuring a heavy-duty 24-inch cable that flexes and holds almost any shape. The pliers include a locking mechanism to hold clamps open, making removal and installation easier and faster.
For more information, visit: www.otctools.com