WEBINAR: Ensure the Quality of Oils Reaching Your Shop
How AMAP and the Motor Oil Matters program can help you assure your customers they are receiving high-quality motor oil.
Ensure the Quality of Oils Reaching Your Shop
Working to guarantee that oil change and quick automotive maintenance shop owners and operators receive high-quality motor oil for their shop is one of the primary purposes of the API Engine Oil Licensing & Certification System (EOLCS) and its Aftermarket Audit Program (AMAP).
AMAP oversees sampling of American Petroleum Institute-licensed oils in the marketplace and tests to verify compliance with the engine oil specifications. This ensures oil marketers, distributors, installers and consumers that they can have confidence in the quality of API-licensed motor oils in the marketplace.
In this API sponsored webinar, Jeff Harmening, manager of EOLCS/DEF/MOM for API, explains how the testing program works and the benefits it will provide to you, and ultimately the consumer. He also discusses what to expect if an independent sample collector contracted by API stops by to request motor oil samples.
Please join the conversation to learn about:
- How AMAP and the Motor Oil Matters program can help you assure your customers they are receiving high-quality motor oil.
- The confirmation process for oils to meet the API standards for which they are licensed.
- What happens if a licensed oil does not match the specified physical and chemical requirements.
- Information about the rigorous API SP and ILSAC GF-6A and GF-6B engine oils specifications required for use in today’s gasoline engines.
- Why API SP and ILSAC GF-6A and GF-6B engine oils will be a focus for testing in 2021.
Jeffrey Harmening, Manager EOLCS/DEF/MOM, American Petroleum Institute
Jeff Harmening has been with the American Petroleum Institute (API) since 2010 and currently manages the Engine Oil Licensing Certification System (EOLCS) program, Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF) Certification Program and the Motor Oil Matters (MOM) program. He also oversees the Aftermarket Audit Program (AMAP) which purchases and tests thousands of DEF and engine oil samples globally to ensure conformance with required specifications.