The Right Shop For You
by Lauren HendersonIf you own a car, more than likely you rely on someone else to service it. Trust us, we know that can be scary. We hear the rumors that tend to circle around the quick lube industry and it infuriates us because the majority of owner/operators are car loving professionals who take care of their customers' cars just like they would their own.
We want to help you pick a shop that you can build a long standing relationship with so we thought long and hard about how to pick the right shop for you. Here's what we came up with:
- Call ahead. If you're considering taking your car in to a shop you haven't visited before, it's always a good idea to call the shop so you can tell them about your car and your needs. Since the nature of the quick lube business is all about customer service, most fast lubes will be more than happy to answer your questions.
- Keep in mind — not always, but typically — a fast lube does the most business on Friday afternoons and before major holidays. If you're trying to get your car serviced during those times, prepare to wait. If you want to beat the crowds, ask if there is a slower time you can stop by.
- Let's face it there are far more exciting things you'd rather be doing then taking your car to get an oil change. Think about the things that would make your life easier while still getting your car the proper maintenance it needs. Tell your shop what those things are. You never know, they might just say yes!
- Ask lots of questions. The only bad question is the one left unanswered and most shop guys will be happy to answer them for you. Any excuse to "talk shop" right?!
- Engage. Many shops offer additional information and ways to stay connected with them between visits.
If you have any stories of shop experiences you'd like to share or other things you want your customer's to know, we'd love to hear from you. Comment below or email us at email@example.com