Auto Value and Bumper to Bumper Technician of the Year Finalists Head to Las Vegas
July 20, 2022—Eleven technicians recently competed for the 2022 Auto Value and Bumper to Bumper Technician of the Year title.
According to a press release, this competition was hosted by DRiV and Garage Gurus in Detroit, Michigan. Technicians were required to to answer 100 questions in a custom ASE test in just 90 minutes.
Following this competition, it was announced that all eleven technicians will move on to Las Vegas, where the 2022 Auto Value and Bumper to Bumper Technician of the Year title will be officially announced at the Jackpot Convention during AAPEX.
“We really wanted to build the suspense of the moment and keeping the secret of the reveal was important,” says JC Washbish, Vice President of Sales and Marketing for the Alliance. “Our Technician of the Year finalists will lead more than 3,000 technicians and shop owners during the Jackpot Convention; and we couldn’t be more honored to have them represent us. Holding the Finalist Ceremony Dinner at the Henry Ford Museum of American Innovation was the most appropriate venue. We were surrounded by so much history while making history of our own with these wonderful technicians.”
The finalists are as follows:
• Daniel Barrion; Ace Auto Repair & Tire; San Ramon, California; Trimon, Inc.
• Rafael Borja; Robertson Automotive; Tyler, Texas; ABC Auto Parts, Ltd.
• Chris Broom; BroomAuto; Ruston, Louisiana; Parts Warehouse, Inc.
• Jack Byers; Graham Tire; Worthington, Minnesota; Merrill Company
• Phil Clark; Barnes Auto Service; Louisville, Kentucky; Moog Louisville Warehouse
• Ross Colket; Colket Technical; Lansdale, Pennsylvania; Eastern Warehouse Distributors,
• John Kincaid; Grainger Automotive, LLC; Bean Station, Tennessee; Hahn Automotive
• Vernon McCann; The McCannic Shop; Evant, Texas; 4M Parts Warehouse
• Greg Mertz; Len’s Auto Repair; Cottleville, Missouri; All Car Automotive Warehouse, Inc.
• Joe Stewart; The Brighton Garage; Brighton, Michigan; Auto-Wares Group of Companies
• Bart Woyczik; Fred’s Brake and Alignment; La Crosse, Wisconsin; Automotive Parts