March 27, 2020—A new article from Workest aims to help small business owners keep their business growing through the coronavirus slowdown.
The article also highlights tips for storefronts, online businesses, and service businesses. With quick lubes being in the service category, here are some ways to keep engagement high with customers and employees:
- Utilize videos. Quick lubes can create a Facebook event on Facebook Live or hold other video classes, like how to check your oil.
- Emphasize referrals. Offer coupons to current customers if they refer someone during the downturn.
- Start an email incentive referral program. Email current customers and give them coupons, free items, or other incentives if they refer someone via email to your business, which will help grow the business's email list and social channels.
And with cutbacks happening for employees, here are a couple of way business owners can help them out through this time:
- If the business decides to do a delivery service, add a tip box to your checkout forms, or even a reminder to tip the delivery person.
- Offer to pick up the tab for morning coffee, donuts, or a snack during the day for a week or two.
- Bargain with a local daycare to try and arrange a discount in exchange for your services and pass the discount to employees who have kids out of school.