Feb. 15, 2022—A Texas auto shop was damaged after a vehicle caught on fire inside.
A van was sitting overnight inside Slater's Auto Works in Humble, Texas, which is about 20 miles northeast of Texas on Interstate 69, when firefighters say it caught on fire. According to a report from KHOU, crews had to "force their way inside" to the building when they arrived.
The shop was closed at the time, and no one was inside when the vehicle caught on fire. The fire spread to the roof and a storage unit before it was extinguished.
No cause was given, but per the report, the "the van appeared to be being worked on and caught fire after hours while unattended."